The mission of the DNA Technologies Core at the UC Davis Genome Center is to provide DNA analytical services to campus and other researchers. We are currently focused on Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) and genotyping, using mainly Illumina (HiSeq 4000, NextSeq, and MiSeq), PacBio (Sequel and RSII), and Fluidigm (C1-single cell analysis and Access Array) , and 10X Genomics Chromium platforms (linked-read genome sequencing). Our goal is to enable access to high throughput genome-wide analyses at economical recharge rates, as a functional extension of your laboratory.
The mission of the Expression Analysis Core at the UC Davis Genome Center is to provide services and technologies for gene expression analyses at the genomic level. We are focused on exploiting high throughput sequencing. We offer standard as well as specialized and custom RNA-seq library prep services for Illumina sequencing. The PacBio Iso-Seq protocol enables full-length transcript sequencing and thus the discovery new gene isoforms. The 10X Genomics Chromium single-cell platform allows single-cell and single-nuclei gene expression profiling for up to 10,000 cells or nuclei.
Workshops in these technologies are an important part of facility operations. We also offer access to liquid handlers and nucleic acid analyzers to facilitate your experiments.
Read more about Getting Started in the Core.
Services and Equipment
|Technology Platforms||Facility Services|
|Illumina Sequencing HiSeq 4000, NextSeq & MiSeq
PacBio Sequencing PacBio RSII, Sequel
10X Genomics Chromium Single-Cell Gene Expression; Whole Genome Linked Reads
Fluidigm C1 Single Cell Genomics Auto-Prep
Fluidigm Access Array Target Amplification
Fluidigm EP1 Genotyping
|Next-Gen Sequencing (Illumina and PacBio)
Next-Gen Library Prep
DNA Quantification/Library QC
Single Cell Genomics
Equipment: Training & Access
Sample QC: Agilent Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, Caliper LabChip GX
Sample Prep: Covaris E220, Diagenode Bioruptor & Bioruptor NGS, Sage Science BluePippin, Pippin HT
Automated Library Prep: Caliper Sciclone G3, IntegenX Apollo 324, Fluidigm Access Array
- October 11, 2018We finally have a new online equipment reservation system ready-to go! This requires you to register with the new PPMS system – PPMS will be used by multiple campus cores and its functionality will greatly expand in the near future. As of Monday October 29th 2018, all equipment reservations and training requests for the DNA Technologies Core ...
- October 11, 2018Illumina Office Hours October 11th & each 2nd Thursday / month 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM Please join your local Illumina support team as they host office hours at UC Davis! What to expect: •Meet your local Illumina support team •Receive updates on the latest Illumina applications •Bring your experimental NGS or Array design questions for our Illumina experts such as: •RNA-Seq •Genotyping •Targeted sequencing •Coffee and ...
- September 26, 2018Summary UC Davis Genome Center DNA Technologies Core adds three key technologies: Nanopore sequencing on the PromethION sequencer High Molecular Weight-DNA isolation Hi-C Chromatin Conformation Capture Introduction The DNA Technologies Core at the Genome Center is adding three services that will be greatly enabling whole genome studies and de novo genome assembly projects. The Genome Center is expanding into the latest sequencing technology, Nanopore sequencing on ...
- September 5, 2018Please note that single-cell pilot and feasibility projects needs to be discussed with the participating cores before the application. Our single-cell expert Diana Burkart-Waco, PhD, (firstname.lastname@example.org) is available for pilot grant project related discussions. To include the other cores please contact Matt Settles (email@example.com ; Bioinformatics) and Bridget McLaughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org; Flow-Cytometry). The feasibility grant will support the analysis of one sample for ...
- August 20, 2018Wednesday is RNA-QC day – starting in September Assessing the integrity of RNA samples with the Bioanalyzer can be time consuming and expensive since each run takes an hour and only 12 RNA can samples can be run. To make RNA QC more convenient and affordable we will be running one or more batches of RNA samples every ...
- August 15, 2018Please join your local Illumina support team as they host office hours at UC Davis! What to expect: Meet your local Illumina support team Receive updates on the latest Illumina applications Bring your experimental NGS or Array design questions for our Illumina experts! Coffee and snacks Where: UC Davis Genome Center GBSF Bldg., Room #1314 451 Health Science Drive Davis, CA 95616 When: Thursday, Aug 30th, 2018 9:30 ...
- August 3, 2018August 3rd, 2018: We have received an unexpected large number of submissions for library prep projects. Thus, the library prep queue is currently longer than usual (about 8 weeks). The sequencing queues are not affected and the sequencing turnaround times are fast (one to two weeks).
- June 28, 20182nd Illumina Hands-On DNA Re-Sequencing Workshop on July 25th Since the July 24th workshop was fully booked immediately, we are offering an additional workshop on the following day. Please join us for a hands-on workshop on DNA sequencing library preparation and data analysis using the Nextera DNA Flex library prep kit (focusing on re-sequencing). The workshop on July 25th (9am ...
- June 25, 2018Illumina Hands-On DNA Re-Sequencing Workshop on July 24th Please join us for a hands-on workshop on DNA sequencing library preparation and data analysis using the Nextera DNA Flex library prep kit (focusing on re-sequencing). The workshop on July 24th (9am to 5pm) at the UC Davis Genome Center (rooms #4202 and #1402) is taught by your local team of ...
- June 6, 2018The DNA Technologies Core invites you to a Lunch & Learn Seminar on Spatial Transcriptomics at noon on Tuesday, June 19th. The Spatial Transcriptomics Technology Speaker – Stefania Giacomello, Senior Scientist, Spatial Transcriptomics AB, email@example.com Location – UC Davis Genome Center Auditorium, GBSF #1005 June 19th, noon to 1 pm Please register here so we can get an accurate headcount for lunch ( https://registration.genomecenter.ucdavis.edu/events/the_spatial_transcriptomics_technology/ ) The Spatial Transcriptomics technology allows you to ...