The mission of the DNA Technologies Core at the UC Davis Genome Center is to provide DNA analytical services to campus and other researchers. We are currently focused on Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) and genotyping, using mainly Illumina (HiSeq 4000, NextSeq, and MiSeq), PacBio (Sequel and RSII), and Fluidigm (C1-single cell analysis and Access Array) , and 10X Genomics Chromium platforms (linked-read genome sequencing). Our goal is to enable access to high throughput genome-wide analyses at economical recharge rates, as a functional extension of your laboratory.
The mission of the Expression Analysis Core at the UC Davis Genome Center is to provide services and technologies for gene expression analyses at the genomic level. We are focused on exploiting high throughput sequencing. We offer standard as well as specialized and custom RNA-seq library prep services for Illumina sequencing. The PacBio Iso-Seq protocol enables full-length transcript sequencing and thus the discovery new gene isoforms. The 10X Genomics Chromium single-cell platform allows single-cell and single-nuclei gene expression profiling for up to 10,000 cells or nuclei.
Workshops in these technologies are an important part of facility operations. We also offer access to liquid handlers and nucleic acid analyzers to facilitate your experiments.
Read more about Getting Started in the Core.
Services and Equipment
|Technology Platforms||Facility Services|
|Illumina Sequencing HiSeq 4000, NextSeq & MiSeq
PacBio Sequencing PacBio RSII, Sequel
10X Genomics Chromium Single-Cell Gene Expression; Whole Genome Linked Reads
Fluidigm C1 Single Cell Genomics Auto-Prep
Fluidigm Access Array Target Amplification
Fluidigm EP1 Genotyping
|Next-Gen Sequencing (Illumina and PacBio)
Next-Gen Library Prep
DNA Quantification/Library QC
Single Cell Genomics
Equipment: Training & Access
Sample QC: Agilent Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, Caliper LabChip GX
Sample Prep: Covaris E220, Diagenode Bioruptor & Bioruptor NGS, Sage Science BluePippin, Pippin HT
Automated Library Prep: Caliper Sciclone G3, IntegenX Apollo 324, Fluidigm Access Array
- August 15, 2018Please join your local Illumina support team as they host office hours at UC Davis! What to expect: Meet your local Illumina support team Receive updates on the latest Illumina applications Bring your experimental NGS or Array design questions for our Illumina experts! Coffee and snacks Where: UC Davis Genome Center GBSF Bldg., Room #1314 451 Health Science Drive Davis, CA 95616 When: Thursday, Aug 30th, 2018 9:30 ...
- August 3, 2018August 3rd, 2018: We have received an unexpected large number of submissions for library prep projects. Thus, the library prep queue is currently longer than usual (about 8 weeks). The sequencing queues are not affected and the sequencing turnaround times are fast (one to two weeks).
- June 28, 20182nd Illumina Hands-On DNA Re-Sequencing Workshop on July 25th Since the July 24th workshop was fully booked immediately, we are offering an additional workshop on the following day. Please join us for a hands-on workshop on DNA sequencing library preparation and data analysis using the Nextera DNA Flex library prep kit (focusing on re-sequencing). The workshop on July 25th (9am ...
- June 25, 2018Illumina Hands-On DNA Re-Sequencing Workshop on July 24th Please join us for a hands-on workshop on DNA sequencing library preparation and data analysis using the Nextera DNA Flex library prep kit (focusing on re-sequencing). The workshop on July 24th (9am to 5pm) at the UC Davis Genome Center (rooms #4202 and #1402) is taught by your local team of ...
- June 6, 2018The DNA Technologies Core invites you to a Lunch & Learn Seminar on Spatial Transcriptomics at noon on Tuesday, June 19th. The Spatial Transcriptomics Technology Speaker – Stefania Giacomello, Senior Scientist, Spatial Transcriptomics AB, firstname.lastname@example.org Location – UC Davis Genome Center Auditorium, GBSF #1005 June 19th, noon to 1 pm Please register here so we can get an accurate headcount for lunch ( https://registration.genomecenter.ucdavis.edu/events/the_spatial_transcriptomics_technology/ ) The Spatial Transcriptomics technology allows you to ...
- March 30, 2018The Beacon Automated Single Cell Biology Platform Troy Lionberger, Ph.D., Sr. Manager, Technology Development, Berkeley Lights Davis Campus: 11 am, Wednesday April 4th; Room 4202 GBSF/Genome Center Building Sacramento Campus: 1 pm , Wednesday April 4th; Room 1241 MedEd building The Digital Cell Biology technology developed by Berkeley Lights allows scientists to: Process individual cells radically faster than other technologies Automate and scale workflows far beyond manual, ...
Single-Cell Pilot Grants Call — Lexogen RNA-Seq Lunch & Learn this Thursday, March 15th — Dovetail Genomics: Building the Best Genomes on Earth , April 18thMarch 13, 2018Dear DNA Tech Core users, the March news is: 1) a Pilot and Feasibility Project Grants Call by the Office of Research (apply for single-cell gene expression projects) 2) the Lexogen RNA-Seq Lunch & Learn Seminar — this Thursday, March 15th — 12:30pm 3) Dovetail Genomics and the Genome Center – Building the Best Genomes on Earth — April 18th — 1pm ******************************************************* 1) Pilot and Feasibility Project Grants Call The Office of Research has issued a program supporting pilot and feasibility ...
- March 13, 2018Update: Please note that single-cell pilot and feasibility projects should be discussed with the participating cores before the application. Our single-cell expert Diana Burkart-Waco, PhD, (email@example.com) will be available for pilot grant project related discussions. To include the other cores please contact Matt Settles (firstname.lastname@example.org ; Bioinformatics) and Bridget McLaughlin (email@example.com; Flow-Cytometry). The feasibility grant will support the analysis ...
- January 19, 2018Dear DNA Technologies Core Users, We are happy to announce a new service for the new year: Batch-Tag-Seq Gene Expression Profiling. This service is designed to simplify both the planning and the analysis of gene expression profiling studies. Batch-Tag-Seq is offered as packages that include both, library preps and sequencing, as well as optionally also data-analysis. Batch-Tag-Seq combines the simplicity ...
- November 27, 2017Except the official university holidays, the DNA Technologies Core will be open throughout the holiday season. The university holidays are December 22nd 2017, December 25th and 29th, as well as January 1st, 2018. However, please do not ship any samples with courier services for arrival in the time frame of December 22nd to January 1st. The Genome Center doors will ...